Team Submission Guidelines
- Team size: 5 members (maximum)
- Submissions must be sent through the application form here
- Submissions should include a description of your proposed Edge Application or Solution idea; anticipated use of ETSI MEC Service APIs; anticipated use of LF Edge Akraino Blueprints; how the proposed submission is innovative and will benefit the Edge Ecosystem; information on any intention to reuse / integrate code from past activities, or other projects / prototypes / products (highly recommended); and a short CV for each team member. Any supporting materials (e.g., short video clips) related to your idea are welcome.
- IMPORTANT: Submissions should clearly state how your team intends to use ETSI MEC APIs and LF which selected Edge Akraino Blueprint.
- Teams are encouraged to utilize the ETSI MEC Sandbox (try-mec.etsi.org) as a development resource to learn and experiment with ETSI MEC Services. Please describe how your team may take advantage of the MEC Sandbox
- Submission due date: 8th July 2022
Submissions will be evaluated by the Edge Hackathon Organizing Committee based on various criteria, e.g., relevance to the Call for Developers, innovativeness of the proposed solution, usage of ETSI MEC APIs, usage or LF Edge Akraino Blueprints, composition of the team, level of maturity of the project and proposed solution, etc.
- Selected teams will be notified by 13th July 2022.
Participants selected for the competition will be provided with dedicated instances of the ETSI MEC Sandbox and technical support.
- Register for the Edge Computing World Europe event for informative sessions will introduce developers to the Edge Hackathon, it’s application vertical use-cases, information on ETSI MEC Services and LF Edge Blueprints, and details on how to access the Edge Hackathon resources for their work.
- Price: The submission is free of charge, as well as the Hackathon participation for the selected teams.
- Hybrid Remote / On-site Hackathon Format:
- Teams will complete remotely from 13th July through 23rd September 2022
- Mid-Hackathon Check-in: Teams will be encouraged to complete a mid-hackathon (9th September 2022) submission. This submission may be used in judging.
- Final Submissions: Teams will be required to finalize their Hackathon submissions by 23rd September 2022.
- The Organizing Committee will judge the team submissions and “short-list” the three best teams for the Hackathon on-site competition.
- Winners will be selected solely at the discretion of the Hackathon Jury, composed of representatives from the Organizing Committee.
- On-site Hackathon Demos and “Pitch-off”: The three best teams will be invited to demonstrate their solutions at the Edge Computing World Global 2022 event in Santa Clara, Silicon Valley on October 10th-12th. Additionally, teams will compete in a “pitch-off” session to the Hackathon Jury on October 12th as part of the Edge Developers Conference program there. Additionally, each team will have the opportunity to exhibit their solution during the Exhibition on October 11th & 12th.
- The Hackathon Organizing committee will provide a stipend towards the team travel costs to Santa Clara, California.
- The winning team will be selected following the “pitch-off” and announced at the conference.
- Several prizes, courtesy of the Organizing Committee and their sponsor, will be awarded including Cash Prizes, Gifts and Access to Developer Tools.
- All Edge Hackathon participants will have an excellent opportunity for networking with the Edge Computing World conference attendees and the Hackathon Jury Members who represent key stakeholders of the industry from all corners of the world.
Further details at www.edgecomputingworld.com/edge-hackathon